Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Summer Search for the Perfect Park - Day 2

Today we went to the park closest to us, the Wild West Jordan Park.  This park is special to us because it was community designed, community funded and community built.  And it's something like the biggest playground in the Rocky Mountain region or some such statistic.  My husband literally helped hammer and paint, we all helped to fund and name and design it.  It was AWESOME to watch it go up and be part of it.  We ride our bikes to it pretty often because it's very close to home.  Our summer search for the perfect park would NOT be complete without including this park, even though it's sort of the default park we go to, so the kids don't consider it much of an adventure any more.  They ALWAYS love going to "the big brown wooden playground!!!" though if offered!
 
The boys are in there... just hard to see.  If you look carefully you'll see three little heads just above and to the right of the green tube slide!  The next picture you can faintly make out Ben and Brady peeking out the windows.  And then the next few are just of the playground itself.
  
  
There are all the traditional things like slides, swings, monkey bars, etc.  But LOADS of extra imaginative play areas, balance/climbing areas (including a rock wall), etc.
   
And look!  Even one of me :)  This was right before I made the *REALLY* stupid decision to try to go down the 2 story tube slide with Toby.  I'll spare you the picture Willy took of us at the bottom of the slide.  Oh my.  NOT a pretty sight!  I was practically having a panic attack from feeling claustrophobic, plus Ben had come right behind us and was sitting on my ponytail so I felt completely trapped.  Again, NOT a pretty picture LOL.  At least I can say I've gone down the slide though.... ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment