Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Summer Search for the Perfect Playground - Day 9

Day 9.  It's 102 degrees outside.  I wasn't sure we were actually going to survive a trip to any outdoor park today.  We almost didn't bother going.  But I figured we'd just pack up a ton of water bottles and give it out best try.  I think next time we attempt an adventure like this one we'll do it in the spring or fall 
Today we went to Sugarhouse Park.  This is a huge, beautiful grassy park filled with tons of trees and tons of open space, a lovely pond where geese and ducks congregate, two playgrounds, tons of walking paths and a wonderful little creek that runs through the park.  We first went to one of the playground areas where the boys played for just a few minutes.
 
  I'm not sure if you can see in this one but Toby is less than thrilled being stuffed through the tube so Mommy can take a picture of the boys through the little bubble LOL.
The boys liked the playground just fine, but it was so hot they weren't interested in playing on it for long.  They found ways to cool off.
Ben climbed some trees and hung out in the shade.
Toby chugged from Mommy's water bottle.
And Brady sat on the bench with me, wiping sweat from his head, pouting about how hot it was LOL.
After the boys had sufficiently cooled off.... I sent them back out into the sun at the second playground at Sugarhouse Park hehehe.  This one was a bit smaller, and a LOT more crowded.  The boys lasted even less time at this one before complaining about the heat.
So we were about to pack it up and head home when I saw a few people by a bridge and wondered if there was a creek or river.  So we took a walk, found a lovely little creek and I let the boys go wading (which turned into full on dunking each other and throwing rocks to create big splashes, etc.)
 
 
(Sorry if things start to look goofy from this point forward... I've exceeded my maximum monthly Xanga upload limit so I'm trying to insert photobucket links... here's hoping it works for these last few photos!!!)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Toby was VERY hesitant in the water. I had to push his stroller into the creek first so he could splash his toes a bit. Then he seemed to want to put his hands in too, so I unbuckled him and slowly eased him into the water. Then he loved it. He ended up tripping and splashing belly first into the water, which he did NOT like but quickly recovered from, playing some more in the water with just a diaper on and trying his darndest to sneak some rocks into his mouth without Mommy catching him LOL.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was an absolutely PERFECT summer afternoon activity! And the boys gave this park their big thumbs up! They included it in their top three picks so far! I'm excited for the next few days as we wrap up this little summer adventure of ours!
Okay... onto the doctor thing. I shouldn't have bothered saying it. Despite being three days late, the bloodwork was negative. Stupid, screwed up cycle of mine. I really, really hate my body toying with my emotions that way. This is 3 months in a row that I thought "This is it! We did it!" only to have AF rear her ugly head and leave me down in the dumps. This time I was extra hopeful because I was so late. HPTs don't work for me until I'm at least a full week late, so I went in for bloodwork this time, rather than waiting it out. Despite the news that the test was negative, I'm so glad I went in for the bloodwork instead of waiting. My hopes would have just built up more and more with each day that AF didn't arrive and it would have been even harder to deal with, if that's possible.  I'm drowning my sorrows in a gallon or so of Diet Pepsi.  I will be fine.
So back to square one. Or not. We'll see. I think I need a little break from the "excitement" of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment