Sunday, July 16, 2006

Summer Search for the Perfect Park - Day 8

We went to a decent little park today.  It was called Taylorsville Millrace Park I believe.  Decent playground, shady pavillion, big grassy area where the boys played for a bit.  Truth be told, though, it was just too stinkin' hot to enjoy ANYTHING outside today.  I know we were hovering somewhere around 100 degrees today.  Just too hot for outside fun unless water is involved.  The slides were scorching, the bars were hot.  The only area remotely comfortable to play in was the little area with the roof, because it was semi-shaded LOL.  There was a cool bouncy/balancy thing that Brady played on for a sec, but the bars were too hot to hold onto for long!  Anyway here are a (very) few pics of the park we went to.
 
 
Then we got smart and went INDOORS!  The state holiday in Utah is coming up on July 24th.  We became a state in 1847, so we celebrate "Days of '47" with a marathon and huge city parade, a rodeo and lots of fireworks events.  Well today was the Parade Preview, INDOORS, at the Expo Center.  We got to go roam around INDOORS and check out all the parade floats up close and personal which was much more appealing than the idea of watching the parade outdoors next Monday.  There were about 40 floats there for preview and there were some marching bands performing, clowns doing balloon creations for the kids, face painters, etc.  It was a lot of fun.  The kids got a kick out of it, and did I mention it was INDOORS? LOL.
 
 
  
 
 
And then the wildest part of the day was running into a friend I grew up with who I haven't seen in 15+ years.  She was there with her 3 kids and we did a little quick catching up.  Even wilder though, she introduced me to the friend she was there with.  Her friend and I stuck out our hands to shake when we were introduced and both said at the same time "I know you!"  It took us several attempts ("School?"  "No" "Where do you live?" "Nope" etc) before we landed on "Where have you worked?"  I answered several previous places of employment, including a private school I worked at as a preschool teacher.  Ding ding ding!! Winner winner!!!  Her FOURTEEN year old daughter who is there with her was in my preschool class when I was teaching 10 years ago!!!!!  I about died!!  It was so crazy.  The sweetest thing was when the "little girl" asked "What is your name?" and I told her "Angie."  She got this huge grin on her face and her eyes got huge and she said "Miss Angie and Miss Michele!!!!!!"  She was exactly right :)  She actually remembered me!!!!  Michele was my team teacher LOL.  Anyway, this little girl was in the class I was teaching when Willy came to preschool, dressed in a suit and tie, got down on his knee (in front of all the 4 year olds!) and proposed to me and gave me my ring!  (He also brought ring pops for all the students.  Awwwwwwww!)  She even came to my wedding reception!!!!  So of course I had to have a picture with my former student hehehe.  And I even found a picture of her as a 4 year old with me at my wedding reception (She's the little blondie in the top right corner!).  What a WILD trip this afternoon proved to be!!!!
 
What a day!!!  Ended with a little trip to the doctor, which I'll happily update on in a day or two :)

No comments:

Post a Comment