Saturday, July 8, 2006

Summer Search for the Perfect Park - Day 5

The park we picked today sucked.  LOL.  It was sort of a random choice and it wasn't a good one.  The park was boring for the kids.  My only criteria for a good park on Friday was that it have shade.  This park worked for me in that way :)  My sunburn from yesterday's adventure was kicking my butt.  My shoulders and back are soooooooooooo sore that shade was mandatory!!! Anyway,  the kids were bored within minutes at this park and just played on the grass for a while before also retreating to the shade.  We only stayed here a few minutes before heading to a different park with a much better result.  Anyway, here are the pics from the lame park (Midvale City Park).
 

 
After leaving the dumb park (with the great shade trees) we headed to the South Cottonwood Regional Park/Wheeler Historic Farm.  There was a big "Days of '47 Family Fun Day" event planned.  I didn't really know anything about it, but it was for families so I figured it would give us something to do.  We got there before the event began so we spent some time at the farm looking at animals for a while. The boys looooooved the teeny baby pony!  Even Toby was willing to pet it!
The only real "playground" type area at the farm was the old treehouse. I remember playing in it as a young girl myself!
And then the Family Fun Day activities started at the South Cottonwood Regional Park portion of the property (It's really just a big beautiful grassy, tree covered park.  No playground or anything).  MUCH to our delight we learned that EVERYTHING was FREE!!!  Carnival games with prizes galore, craft activities, performers, carnival rides, inflatable bounce houses/slides, and even free pizza, bottled water and popsicles!!! It was incredible!  The kids had a blast and despite my blistering skin (which I slathered in ridiculous amounts of sunscreen) I had a great time too!  It was a fun, fun day!!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment