Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Summer Search for the Perfect Park - Day 3

Well we're on day 3, park 3.  Can I just say... I feel like Super Mom actually going out and doing things with my kids every day.  That shouldn't sound like a brag, by the way. It's actually a confession.  I love playing with my kids... but I don't do it a lot.  Usually I observe really well :)  I do play with the baby pretty much non-stop but as the big boys have gotten older and more independent I've definitely taken on more of an observing role, rather than a real hands on one.  So planning our days and treating them to an adventure and various activities and actually having them enjoy what I've planned for them is an absolute delight for me.  We're having a blast.  I love that they ask in the morning what our plans are for the day, instead of asking to play the XBox or watch a DVD or saying "what can I do.... I'm bored."  Happy happy summer!!!
Today we went to the South Jordan City Park on the way to a library where a group of falconers called Skymaster did a cool bird show for the kids.  The bird show was much cooler than the park, which wasn't anything too special, but the kids had fun at the park nonetheless.  There was a fun balance log roll thing, lots of climbing areas, 7 or 8 slides, and various monkey bars and rings.  I did think it was pretty cool to see such a ginormous Little Tikes playground though!! The whole thing was Little Tikes!  Anyway, I'm babysitting three older boys during summer vacation (11, 10 and 8 years old) so my boys had lots of playmates and they definitely kept each other running and having a ball!  If they don't sleep well tonight I'll be shocked.
 
  
 
Unfortunately Toby has had a miserable-ish day.  Last night on the way home from Kari's house where we had a BBQ and watched fireworks for the 4th of July (**HappBirthday USA**) (man that was way more work than it was worth....) he puked VIOLENTLY all over himself and his carseat.  Then he puked this morning after nursing.  Then he puked a while later after having some pedialyte.  Then he kept down some applesauce and cereal and I thought we'd gotten through the worst of it.  But at lunch (which we had at a local school) I fed him some kiwi and he promptly puked all over himself and his stroller.  So I had him completely stripped down to his diaper, and he fell asleep in the van on the way to the playground.  Poor kid. The kind of funny thing (funny?  I'm such a sick and twisted mother...) is that the puking comes on violently and without warning.  No whining, no paling, no crying.  Just BAM puke.  Okay, here's the actual funny part, as quickly as the puke leaves his body, Toby is happy as could be again.  I HAD to share this absolutely disgusting yet (I think) hilarious picture.  Look at the expression on his face.  Happy as a clam :)
Really not a good idea for squeamish people to look at the last pic in detail hehehe!! CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
The first picture is today, dressed only in a diaper as he's waking up from his nap at the park.  Notice that we had to bust out the back-up carseat because the one from last night is ... ummm.... being cleaned.  Now we have to pull out the other stroller, too, for the same reason.  UGH!
 
Hot dogs, potato salad and milk... oh my.  And yes, I recognize the fact that I'm beyond sick and twisted to have asked Willy to take a picture.  I need help.  I know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment