Friday, July 14, 2006

Summer Search for the Perfect Park - Day 7

I'm exhausted.  Totally, completely, utterly spent.  I couldn't possibly be more thrilled that the weekend has arrived.... unless of course the weekend had arrived and I found myself totally alone, no alarm clocks, no requirements and in a bed with permanently cool sheets.  This weekend will be about rest.  That's all I want right now!
Today we went to an indoor Bounce Park, Skating Rink and Water Park at Classic Family Fun Center.  This was our $$ splurge for the week.  It was $5 per person for 5 hours of unlimited use of the facilities.  We all had a blast!  First we spent some time in the inflatable Bounce Park.  I think there were 8 or 9 of the big inflatable things, much more extravagent than any I've seen before.  The kids LOVED it!!! I even got in on the action and had some fun climbing, sliding and jumping.
 
 
 
(Yes those are my toes LOL)
After spending about an hour bouncing () we put on skates, blades or scooters and played on the skating rink for a while.  There were very few people there that early so we really had practicially the rink to ourselves which was FUN!  There's also a skating track around the Bounce Park and if you do 13 laps you've skated a mile.  So I did   I put on my roller skates and pushed Toby in his stroller and we went around the track 13 times.  My quads and hams were burning!  Felt great!  I also skated and pushed Toby on the regular rink for a while.  If I were to venture a guess I'd say I skated about a mile and a half today.  Yay me LOL.  Brady loved riding his scooter (not really confident on blades or skates yet) and Ben grooved (yes he's doing some kind of finger-pointing-John-Travolta-dance while skating...) on his blades.
 
And then they opened the water slides and splash pool.  Yippeeee.  I had very little intention of getting in the water myself.  I learned my lesson last week about me + sun = pain.  But after about 10 minutes sitting in the 103 degree Utah summer heat, with no shade to be found, I figured I was better off putting on my suit and slathering on the sunscreen (which I brought plenty of this time...) and cooling off in the splash pool at least.  So the boys went on the water slides countless times, I took Toby down one once (bad idea... he did NOT like it LOL) and then Toby and I played in the splash pool for a long while.  Toby got pretty confident in the water.  I'd sit him on the side of the pool and he'd wiggle off the edge back into the water and giggle, giggle, giggle.  We had a great time!  And I think I may have even managed to avoid any additional burn hehehe.
 
I regret a bit including these places we have to pay for in our Summer Search for the Perfect Park.  You do get what you pay for, and the kids had a BLAST!  But I'm afraid it's sort of defeating the purpose of finding a place we can back to over and over again because it's "the best".  Next week all of the parks on our schedule are free community or city parks again.  There are some really highly recommended ones on the agenda so I'm pretty excited!
But I'm resting a TON in preparation for it LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment