Thursday, July 6, 2006

Summer Search for the Perfect Park - Day 4

This is the park I've been really anxious to take the boys to.  And it was worth the excitement and anticipation!  Today we went to the Kearns Oquirrh Park Fitness Center Aquatic Park!!!  (I'm dying to hear how anyone outside of Utah thinks the word "Oquirrh" is pronounced... C'mon, give it your best shot!)  Wait back up.  First we went to lunch in the "land park" that is part of the big Fitness Center complex.  So this is the traditional park/playground for the day.  There are about 8,357,492 kids there because here in the area they do "Free Lunch" in several parks and schools for school-aged kids, and this park is one of them... and we were there during lunch time.  It was incredible how many people were there.  Anyway, we played here for a whopping 4 or 5 minutes before dashing off to the main feature :)
 
Can I just tell you that the "Water Playground" as my kids called it was the COOLEST!!!  We had to pay for this one, but it was very worth it :)  We used to live by this place but they didn't have all these cool play areas and such that they have now.  It was a real treat!  My boys loved the slides, fountains and all the water guns/buckets/hoses and ways to douse other unsuspecting folks :)  Toby didn't care for the water playground area because the water was pretty chilly and I think all the splashing alarmed him.  He LOVED the pool though.  It was his first trip to a swimming pool and he just lounged in his floaty toy and soaked it all up. 
 
 

  
The kids especially loved the main play area because there was this ridiculously ginormous bucket on a tower that was probably 2 stories high.  Every 10 minutes or so it would fill to the point of tipping and would DRENCH anyone below it.  It's hilarious to watch the kids gather under it in preparation for the waterfall.  Here are a couple of stills and here's hoping this Dropshots video works!!!
 


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing
So the unfortunate part of the day.... we ran out of sunscreen as I finished applying it to Toby.  Which left me uncovered.  Now back in the day I was a golden lady. "My olive complexion always tans.  I never burn!" HAHAHAHAHA.  My pasty shoulders, chest, back and thighs haven't seen the light of sun in I think 3 years.  Those lily white areas of skin are now lobster red.  I am in HORRIFIC pain.  And I keep getting the chills.  It's ridiculous.  BUT I'M A GREAT MOMMY!!! Not one of my boys is red at all.  It's just me.  And look how red I am!  Can you tell which white lines are my skin and which are my swim suit straps? (*shudder*... yes... a picture of Angie in a swimsuit... *shudder*)
So yeah, today we found what will likely be at least in the top 3 in our summer search for the perfect park!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment